Minatamis na Saging

Bananas

When I think of banana dessert recipes, the first that comes to mind is sweetened banana because it only requires three basic ingredients: banana, sugar and water. This is the simplest and the most inexpensive of the many choices of banana desserts, I make, so far. The addition of butter is optional. It is only my personal preference to add some butter flavor.

Although I have a sweet tooth, I hate it when the sweetness with what I eat gets at my palate. This recipe has more sugar content, but using brown sugar which is less irritating and healthier than the white, it's a go for me.

How to make Minatamis na Saging:


For the syrup, I use the ratio of 1:1 - 1 cup of water for every cup of sugar.
Just estimate how much syrup to use with the number of bananas. Increase if needed.


Procedure:

Put the bananas, brown sugar, water and butter{as much or as less, as preferred] in a pot.

Let it boil once, and then skim off foam.

Lower the heat to low. Allow to simmer until the bananas are cooked.

Now transfer them to a frying pan. By transferring in a flat and wider cooking container, it allows me to freely turn each of the bananas to even out the color without having to worry about disfiguring their appearance. It's not good if they look marred and dull, especially that I take pictures right after cooking(It has always been my aim that when people search for banana recipes with pictures mine would, at least, hopefully, appear kind of inviting:)

If the bananas turned golden brown in color and the syrup is of a sticky consistency, it’s done.
-->